Re: [Merge] lp:~carlalex/duplicity/duplicity into lp:duplicity

Testing a live backup against S3, I don't see any difference in list returning strings or byte strings. The only difference I've seen is in the manual test.

I had added register_backend to s3_boto3_backend, keeping it self contained and following the convention in the ssh backends.  The backends do not seem entirely consistent on this point, with ssh having the two flavors entirely self contained, and boto and cf separating the implementation from the registration.  The primary advantage of separating the registration from the implementation of the backend appears to be selecting backend implementation by CLI option, which I was told was now discouraged.    FWIW, I'd say "boto" is not correct for this new backend anyway, since boto3 is really a completely different library, which can coexist with boto in a project.  If we do want to register the new backend along side the older s3 backends in a common location, I'd suggest something named "s3" over "boto", reflecting the backup server type rather than the particular implementation.

I didn't register a netloc. Per the comments in backend.py, that didn't seem correct since the new backend doesn't have a network location.  The new URL follows the behavior of the older "s3+http", which is also not in the netloc list.

I had already added boto3+s3 to the url scheme section and an extended explanation under "A note on amazon s3" in my latest updates, so I'm not sure what else you are asking for.  Is the bzr merge request not up to date?

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~carlalex/duplicity/duplicity/+merge/376206
Your team duplicity-team is subscribed to branch lp:duplicity.