Re: [Question #687576]: Python2 support ends soon. Is an upgrade to Python3 feasible?

Aaron Whitehouse proposed the following answer:
Hello Byron,

Duplicity already has Python 3 support in the 0.8 series. Anything that
doesn't work with Python 3 is a bug that should definitely be fixed.

We currently support both Python 2 and 3 (see the requirements here:
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-
team/duplicity/0.8-series/view/head:/README ).

The Python 3 support is relatively recent (see the history here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/duplicity/+spec/python3 and in recent
commits) and the backends in particular had some bugs. For that reason
we have not yet, for example, switched the stable snaps over to using
Python 3, but distros are shipping duplicity for use with Python 3 and
anything that does not work is a bug.

If you can show that using mgzip would reduce backup times, we would
happily accept merge requests. Let us know if you need any help to get
started with the code.

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.