[Question #690624]: Repository ppa:duplicity-team/ppa is no longer available?

New question #690624 on Duplicity:

Hi,
I have an issue installing duplicity on Ubuntu 16.04 from ppa:duplicity-team/ppa repository:

# apt-add-repository ppa:duplicity-team/ppa
Cannot add PPA: 'ppa:~duplicity-team/ubuntu/ppa'.
The team named '~duplicity-team' has no PPA named 'ubuntu/ppa'
Please choose from the following available PPAs:
 * 'duplicity-develop-git':  duplicity-develop-git
 * 'duplicity-release-git':  duplicity-release-git

Suggested ppa:duplicity-team/duplicity-release-git repo contains packages for Ubuntu 18, 19 and 20 only.

And here's what I get when run "apt update" on old server with duplicity previously installed from  ppa:duplicity-team/ppa :

Err:14 http://ppa.launchpad.net/duplicity-team/ppa/ubuntu xenial Release
  403  Forbidden [IP: 91.189.95.83 80]
Reading package lists... Done
E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/duplicity-team/ppa/ubuntu xenial Release' does not have a Release file.

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.