[Question #695992]: Problem with private key to decrypt

New question #695992 on Duplicity:

Hello,

Yesterday morning (french hour) our website server burnt (OVH SBG2 in Strasboug / France), we use Duplicity for the backup, we try now to reload our website with the Duplicity files in another server. The problem is that : we have started to work with Dulicity long time ago in a dedicated server for backups, we have changed our backup server some months ago with a local one (in our building) but our developper forgot to save the private key from the first backup server, this key stayed in the first backup server which has been erased by the hoster... Now we have the backup files, the public key and the password but no way to provide the private key to Duplicity.

We are disapointed, we have worked more than 14 years on this website and everything is lost. Terrible situation.

We need your help, is there any possibility to solve ?

Best regards, Tim.

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.