Re: [Duplicity-talk] Deprecation of pydrivebackend

Hi,

I started this thread because of this issue
<https://gitlab.com/duplicity/duplicity/-/issues/714> and because the
pydrive <https://pypi.org/project/PyDrive/#history> backend has not been
updated since 2016.  I did not expect such ranchor among the users, but it
happens.  Let's keep things civil, please.

I see that pydrive2 <https://pypi.org/project/PyDrive2/#history> is
available for Python 3.8 and above, so it's really not compatible for all
users of duplicity pre 2.0.  Now, the question is still about deprecation,
but it seems that we need to settle first on one backend since *pydrive*
and *gdrive* both do the same thing. If we need both, we need to understand
why.  So, let's look at that and figure out an effective means of getting
there.

BTW, the pydrive2 <https://pypi.org/project/PyDrive2/#history> module would
be a fit for duplicity-py3
<https://gitlab.com/duplicity/duplicity/-/issues/152>, a.k.a., duplicity
2.0, since we're dropping the EOL Python versions.

...Thanks,
...Ken