Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 2.0.0 Progress

I have no problem with that.  A lot of those distributions are at least a
dozen versions behind and are not keeping up-to-date anyway.  As web hosts
constantly change their API in non-backwards compatible manners, duplicity
has to change and the changes go into the next version.  Since the distros
lock to a particular version, the bug caused by the web host is not fixed
until the user upgrades duplicity outside the bounds of their repo
restrictions.  That's perfectly fine with me.  The distro maintainers are
alway able to patch a fix in if they need, but I've seen few signs of that.

I imagine in a couple of years I'll still get requests for support of 0.6.x
duplicity and my answer will always be to upgrade.  If we can't make
progress during LTS, then I refuse to play their games.

Meanwhile if anyone wants to preserve the old duplicity, they are free to
clone 1.2.3 (the last planned py2/3 release) at any time.  The web hosts
will soon guarantee that it's out of date.

...Ken