ecryptfs-users team mailing list archive

Writing a script for encrypting an user's home

Dear List,

Is there such a tool / script that can encrypt an user's existing
home? With such a tool a user can choose to encrypt s/he's current
home. My idea is that the user writes a tag somewhere and reboots the
machine, on next boot process the tag is detected and user's home is
encrypted before any user processes running.

I can't find it and I'm writing one (in bash). Is such a script useful
to the public? Or shall I write it in any other language that upstream
prefer?

Thank you.

BTW: I knew this mail is more appropriate being posted to
ecryptfs-devel, but can I just that team?

--
Best regards,
Li, Yan

Moblin Team, Opensource Technology Center, SSG, Intel
Office tel.: +86-10-82171695 (inet: 8-758-1695)
OpenPGP key: 5C6C31EF
IRC: yanli on network irc.freenode.net