ecryptfs-users team mailing list archive

Re: Migrating from LUKS?

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for the detailed response!  I'm really impressed by eCryptfs, and
even more so after your email.  I was mainly curious about the auditing
as I'm hoping to start a graduate program in Information Security and I
think eCryptfs would be a great example of an Open Source contribution
to modern Information Security challenges.

I actually went ahead and bit the bullet this weekend and converted to
RAID 1/eCryptfs Home, and it went really smoothly (all the issues I had
were related to dm, and none related to eCryptfs).  Your blog entry
(http://blog.dustinkirkland.com/2009/06/migrating-to-encrypted-home-directory.html)
was the main focus of my migration, though I tweaked it a bit for my
method of changing things over.

Thanks again for your great response and for all the work you do for
eCryptfs and Ubuntu in general.

David

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE