ecryptfs-users team mailing list archive

Re: Wrapping mount key file by using two or more keys?

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Li, Yan <yan.i.li@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can I wrap the mount key by using two different keys, at the same
> time? By this the user should be able to unlock the wrapped mount key
> files by using two different keys. I'm exploring alternative ways for
> user login. Thank you.

You mean, with either one of two keys being valid?  Or requiring two
sequential keys to be entered?

Given your Moblin association, I'm guessing you're looking for
something like a wrapped-passphrase that can be unlocked using either
a standard login password or a 4-digit PIN or something?

If so, I think the way forward would be to support a list of
wrapped-passphrase* files, where the relevant ecryptfs tools gather a
list of wrapper-passphrase*, and sequentially try to unwrap each until
a success happens.

Something like that?

:-Dustin