eho team mailing list archive

Re: Announcing Elastic Hadoop on OpenStack project

Sergey,

Thanks for the detailed project info. We are currently deploying openstack
and being hadoop people for the past few years, we were missing this
functionality. Openstack itself already has most of the required tools to
maintain a cloud infrastructure and as we all know it is a lot learn to
begin with. Not that it's difficult but it requires a change of the ways of
thinking about operating an infrastructure. As we constantly familiarize
ourselves with openstack mechanisms, it remains a burden to try to keep up
with other methods just to manage some hadoop clusters right next to it. It
will be a huge opportunity for us to be able to apply our ops knowledge
throughout projects.

--
erdem