About Dexter Contacts...

Hi,

As you probably know I am working on a Vala version of Dexter using gnome-contacts codebase. It is something similar a fork and I want to move its build system to CMake as the others elementary apps but for this I need a very CMake expert because I don't know how to make it!
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dexter-contacts/+spec/cmake-build-system
I know that this will broke the upstream compatibility but I don't want to follow the gnome-contacts developers anymore for a few reasons. The contacts store system is stable and it will automatically be improved at every release of folks with feature as the Windows Live support. Also the upstream dev started to follow an UI design way that I don't like, and probably the designers too. For example they created a dialog to add contacts but I (and lallenlowe) want it in-window as it is now. So Dexter will be more a fork, and not just a code modification.

I also want to release an initial version of the project after the porting to CMake

Best regards,
Mario

Follow ups