Re: [Granite] First release (dicussion)

Am 10.01.2012 20:38, schrieb Cassidy James:

>           * *Better contractor integration*: we have a stub of methods
>             for that, but we may need some widgets, some docs, etc...

For what I want, widgets can always be added. So I wouldn't rush in
half-baked code. They could start to be written just after release.

>           * *PopOvers debugging*: I think there is not a lot of bugs
>             for the popovers, excepted the bug of double PopOvers (if
>             you try to put a popover in a popover, it behaves oddly).
>             API checks are needed here too. And non-compositing
>             detection (to fallback to a basic dialog).

Is nested popover expected to be a valid use case or do you mean it
should issue a warning?

>           * I*ntroduce a Granite.Init function?* It might be needed in
>             the future, so, having it now may be better. It could be
>             used to detect the compositing for instance, or whatever.

If you ask me, do implicit initialization. That's what WebKit does.
That's what GIO does (remember the threading API thread). And
Gtk.Application though not a mere function, implicitly initializes GTK+.

>           * *License changes*: do we want to switch to a LGPL base?

That point feels like a déjà-vu, though I may be confusing something. I
have a vague memory of this being the decided plan already.