Contracts

Hey everyone,

I was looking at some of the OS X Mountain Lion announcement stuff and
noticed they were really pushing the fact that Twitter was integrated into
their OS. It got me thinking; most social networks have a pretty simple
API... why can't we add them into elementary in the form of Contracts for
Contractor?

We can, and in my opinion, should. While we could rely on an app like
Gwibber to handle all the social networking, why not just bake it in and
make it even more seamless? At this point I'm not even sure that Gwibber
could be set up to handle contracts without upstream patches.

We could even have a Sharing plug in Switchboard to handle the
authentication and switching on or off of services.

Let me know what you think, if there are any drawbacks, and if you want to
work on it. ;)

Thanks,
Cassidy James

Follow ups