Re: pantheon-wallpaper won't make it

I agree. *pantheon-wallpaper* is still not ready for Luna. All the planned
cool features supporting the effort are yet to be implemented and since
GNOME doesn't depend on Nautilus to render the wallpaper anymore, it would
be a clever move to just use that. Pantheon is just a shell, while GNOME is
a desktop environment and we depend on it anyway.* *Plus eOS will be super
lightweight without it.*
*
I don't know if dropping the project is a good idea, but we definitely
don't want pantheon-wallpaper to be shipped in Luna in its current state.

Also, the most popular applications (Shotwell, etc.) are designed for use
in the GNOME platform, and we want the OS to be compatible with the current
spec. The new desktop-agnostic implementation should be introduced after
Luna.

Regards.