Re: 3D & WMs in Luna

2012/5/15 Daniel Foré <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> While we're thinking about that, we do have a bit of an ace in the hole. I
> know it would suck a lot, but we could consider delaying Luna until after
> 12.10 in order to inherit LLVM pipe and also to have the time to get
> Mutter/Muffin up to speed.

IMHO we're already delaying Luna for too long. I really doubt we can
produce something really polished this cycle because we have lots - LOTS -
of components having a stable release for the first time. I'd better kick
out something working now and thus get more resources to produce a really
polished incremental release later. Maybe kickstart employing some devs
full time and ideally gathering them in the same point of the globe to
eliminate internet communication overhead. But those are huge topics
irrelevant to this one.

Okay, so the current plan is "kill off 2D & push Compiz 0.8" then.

OS integrator @ elementary