Re: 3D & WMs in Luna

2012/5/24 Ivo Nunes <netherblood@xxxxxxxxx>

> So, I've got LLVM pipe running on an ISO I built with Congrego.
>
> It has got a few problems, but I think I may be able to fix those.
> It's flickering a bit in VirtualBox and Compiz is crashing sometimes.
>
> If we are indeed dropping 2D support, this can be very useful :)
>
> Should I go ahead and work on it to make it stable, or do you think it
> isn't worth the time I'd be spending?

Wow! Doesn't using llvmpipe involve hacking mesa and/or kernel? I'd prefer
to keep those things intact, for the sake of people who do have GPUs being
able to use Luna.

On the other hand, I'm already tempted to backport an Intel X.org driver
release to Luna because of all the goddamn EXA corruption on i915...

Anyway, I'm afraid Compiz 0.9 on ANY software renderer is not feasible
anyway, so try it with Mutter... and messing with Mutter & co is best done
after you've fixed all Luna-critical bugs which have anything to do with
you.