X-GNOME-FullName

Hey guys,

Following up on https://bugs.launchpad.net/beat-box/+bug/1027742, turns out
GNOME is rolling out an updated set of .desktop file guidelines, which can
be found at https://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/CorrectDesktopFiles, which
kinda breaks with what we use at the moment -
http://elementaryos.org/docs/app-launchers.

They follow the same convention as we do, except they've added
X-GNOME-Fullname key that combines Name and GenericName. For example, with
Midori having "Name=Midori" and "GenericName=Web Browser", X-GNOME-Fullname
would be "Midori Web Browser".

For one, X-GNOME-Fullname is critical for translations. In English you can
just merge Name and GenericName to get the same result, but it's not true
for many other languages.

The immediate problem with X-GNOME-Fullname is that right now Slingshot
prefers X-GNOME-Fullname over other entries, which leads to naming
inconsistency even in not-that-foreign apps like BeatBox, Transmission or
SteadyFlow.

So, the question is - will we use X-GNOME-Fullname too? And, by the way,
which of the names should be shown in window title and in Slingshot?

OS architect @ elementary

Follow ups