Re: OEM Installation mode

2012/8/17 Alejandro Morales Lepe <aml240sx@xxxxxxxxx>

>      However, after rebooting I ran into a very important problem, there
> is no way to set up the system for end user, there is no icon in the
> desktop nor a             menu entry (and I don't remember if there is a
> terminal way to do that). I would like to fix this, however, I don't know
> how.

Hello Alex,

I've tried to look for OEM installation docs and found only
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ubuntu_OEM_Installer_Overview which is
old and most likely outdated. Could you briefly describe the process of OEM
installation - for example, what's the difference compared to the normal
one? And what stage exactly is missing?

Given more info on the use case - why it's needed, and who and when uses it
- we'll be able to request input from the user experience team and possibly
improve the missing stage instead of simply bringing it back.

I've opened a bug about it at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/elementaryos/+bug/1038242 so it doesn't get
lost/forgotten, please feel free to correct or update it.

OS architect @ elementary