Re: Messaging Menu

I think the messaging menu has outlasted its usefulness. Ubuntu has crammed
too many things in it, and the urgent response demanded by chat is very
different from the simple notification of new email (leading to the
envelope being blue permanently). It's also very hard to hit the button; I
often end up clicking the battery indicator.

I think tab badges in Geary, Empathy, etc, coupled with whatever elementary
has replaced NotifyOSD with, are more than enough. In L+1, elementary could
consider a notifications centre.