"Chips" for Recipient Fields

A recent post from an Android UI guy on Google+ got me thinking about this UI paradigm. Essentially, it combines intelligent autocomplete of recipients (for email, social sharing, messaging, etc.) with smartly condensing them into little "chips" that can be removed with a single click or even dragged around (from the "to" to the "CC" field, for example.

I've seen this in web apps (I think Facebook and Google+ both do this) as well as Android. In Android, tapping the person can even come up with a quick "contact card" with their photo and basic details.

What do you guys think about this widget/UI paradigm? I think it would especially be interesting to see implemented in Geary, and then perhaps carried over to Granite to be used elsewhere in the future.

Screenshot: http://goo.gl/XBW61
Google+ Post: http://goo.gl/qjqxe

Regards,
Cassidy James