Thoughts on Pantheon Hide Mode

Rico (rockstar developer who's been actively helping in the departments of
Gala and Plank) added a hide mode to our version of Plank that hides it
when the focused app is maximized (which is set as the default behavior in
Luna). I've been using this and occasionally run into instances where the
dock doesn't behave exactly as I would expect, so I've been trying to think
of some better logic. Here's what I've come up with:

   - Hide when *any* app is maximized *on the current display*.

I think this clarification would resolve some issues I've had, such as:

   - Dock hiding when a window on a different display is focused and
   maximized.
   - Dock overlapping maximized windows if the focused window's not
   maximized.

My question is, would this be desirable? The important thing to remember is
that the other three modes (no hide, auto hide, intellihide) would remain
available and unchanged; this is only a question about our "Pantheon"
hiding mode.

Let me hear your thoughts about this specific hide mode.

Thanks,
Cassidy James

Follow ups