Re: Time for a change in AppMenu icon?

Chrome just swapped out their wrench for the Android-esque 3-line symbol,
as previously mentioned. The wrench was an iconic part of Chrome as they
pioneered the minimalistic browser interface (now each of the major
browsers has a similar feature in a similar location). And Chrome has been
exposed to a much larger percentage of their potential userbase than
Elementary.

Anyway, Elementary has seen a single release (Jupiter), which has hardly
defined Elementary in my opinion. Elementary's identity is only in the
beginning of its formation, and I think now is exactly the time to be
making large changes (before its identity settles concretely in the minds
of its users). If we agree a change is positive, let's not let branding
stand in the way of a good user experience (I would rather Elementary's
identity be tied to a positive and ever-improving user experience than a
particular symbol or other static configuration).

Furthermore, *minimalism is* "generic" and "lacking in personality" in
contrast to many design styles; however, elementary stands out because it
is minimalist and its personality is heralded by its subtlety. In addition
to the 3 lines being the broader standard for such a UX feature, it also
has the advantage of being more subtle, which seems to mesh with
Elementary's design DNA.

Just my $0.02