Re: Back button for switchboard

It would also be interesting to look at standardizing that sort of button. iOS has its back button like that iirc, and Android has what they call an "up" button that is standardized and provides a similar behavior. If we were to go this route, it'd need to be written into the HIG since it deviates from our current story of only having icons in the toolbar. Which is okay as long as it's specific and has a clear use case.

Something like: "A back button is a toolbar button with the text of the page the user will be going back to if they click it. It is always at the far left of the toolbar, has a raised appearance with an arrow shape, and does not contain an icon. This button should only appear when there is a main view of an app to go back to."

That's just a rough stream of thought as an example of what we could put in the HIG. We could then add it into Granite to get the styling and behavior perfect (and to prevent duplicate work from devs). This would all be post-Luna of course.

Thoughts?