Compiz is dead

Hey guys

I dunno if you saw, but Sam has announced that he's kind of done with Compiz. His reasoning is that there's nothing special that Compiz does that couldn't be done better by having some kind of library that one would use to create specific WM implementations. Basically his reasoning is that we should share a common code base for the important parts.

In other words, we need to start thinking about moving away from Compiz.

Seeing as we've been known to look to the future, I think we should head Sam's advice and reach out to other desktops to...

Oh wait. LibMutter. Gala.

Good call guys ;) ahead of the curve as always.

Best Regards,
Daniel Foré

Follow ups