Ellipsising in AppMenu

Hey guys,

I've notices Noise doesn't use ellipsising for AppMenu items at all:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5279564/noise-appmenu.png
"Import to Library" requires further input from the user but it doesn't
have an ellipsis. I believe this is a bug?

I've looked at how other apps use ellipsising and it's mostly reasonable.
The only thing that bugs me is that "Preferences" and "About" items don't
have ellipses. I recall Windows just eliipsising whatever shows a dialog,
but common sense suggests it's not a good idea, e.g. for About, because it
doesn't require any further input from the user. I'm not sure about
Preferences though.

So what's our rule of thumb for ellipsising? We don't seem to have any info
on the topic in the HIG.

OS architect @ elementary