The Next Milestone

Hey everyone!

Is Luna released yet? It's not? Seriously... okay. One more milestone! Cody has been working super hard to round up all the new bugs that have been reported since the release of Beta 2 (about a week ago). He's put together the next milestone which we're calling Release Candidate 1. That means that if there aren't any critical issues after we complete this milestone that Luna is out the door. It's done. Boom. That's it. It's ready. So what's in this milestone?

https://launchpad.net/elementary/+milestone/luna-rc1

Well for one thing, 55 bugs that we've already fixed and another 16 that are in progress. So rock on devs. You're total beasts.

Also 23 bugs that are incomplete, meaning they are probably invalid, won't fix, or Luna +1 items.

that leaves us 34 confirmed/triaged reports:

4 in Pantheon Plugs: https://launchpad.net/pantheon-plugs/+milestone/luna-rc1

1 in the About Plug: https://launchpad.net/switchboard-plug-about/+milestone/luna-rc1

2 in Terminal: https://launchpad.net/pantheon-terminal/+milestone/luna-rc1

1 in the dock: https://launchpad.net/pantheon-dock/+milestone/luna-rc1

11 in Noise: https://launchpad.net/noise/+milestone/luna-rc1

1 in the panel: https://launchpad.net/wingpanel/+milestone/luna-rc1

4 in Gala: https://launchpad.net/gala/+milestone/luna-rc1

and 11 for the OS team: https://launchpad.net/elementaryos/+milestone/luna-rc1

Devs, please take a look at these lists ASAP. The fastest way to clear our bug lists is to mark duplicates or to invalidate reports for problems we already fixed. Make sure these are all valid reports and things that are feasible to fix within the month. If there are new features or items that are just too big to fix in your list, retarget them to the 0.3-beta1 milestone (that's luna +1).

Realistically, most of you are looking at 2-4 bugs. If we can knock out at least 1 a week (and offer help to other devs once your rc-1 list is cleared), we can release Luna before the end of June. And that would be awesome.

Remember, as soon as we knock out Luna we can get back to the fun experimental stuff: https://launchpad.net/elementaryos/+milestone/0.3-beta1

Keep being badasses,

Daniel Foré