GUI testing

Hi,

I read that there were some interests in automated tests here, but apparently the attempt were targeted to unit tests to directly test the code. Here is an other approach, which is to test the GUI and not only the engine. (And yes, there is some real life code working, see below.)

I wrote a (rather short) blog post about GUI testing with Autopilot: http://xapantu.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/automated-testing-with-autopilot/

(I could have wrote all of that in a mail, but originally I wanted to make a longer article to explain how to write tests, but due to a lack of time, it will follow later.)

For the tl;dr; version, it uses Autopilot, and the code is at lp:~xapantu/pantheon-terminal/tests.

Comments welcomed, all of that is far from being perfect!

Lucas

Follow ups