TDD Example

Hey guys (and any females who may be in attendance),

*Here's a link (http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/articles/xpepisode.htm)
to a test-driven development "episode", written by Robert "Uncle Bob" Martin
* (despite his silly monicker--and personality--Uncle Bob is a very
respected voice in software development, and his advice is practiced by
every major software company, including Google). *This simple example does
a pretty good job at illustrating the test-driven development (TDD) process.
*

Uncle Bob uses Java primarily, but Java is sufficiently syntactically
similar to Vala that we should be able to understand it. The confusing
parts will probably pertain to the test frameworks--the Java community uses
a test framework called "JUnit". Unfortunately, while Vala has some testing
frameworks, our dependency on the never-fun, always-complicated CMake
system means that none of our elementary apps (to my knowledge) have
managed to set up these frameworks so it will probably be fairly hard to
try to practice these yourselves.

*I know it's a little facetious to share with you a TDD example and then
tell you that you probably won't even be able to try it; however, I'm
working to figure out how we can set up a TDD environment for ourselves. In
the meanwhile, I hope you'll read the episode and start to understand TDD
principles and practices so you have less learning to do once we have tests
set up.*

Thanks for your time,
Craig