Future of Wingpanel

I wanted to talk about the features to be added in wingpanel for L+1.
the blueprints that i have in mind are.
1. Hide on Maximize<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/wingpanel/+spec/hide-on-maximize>
2. Branch Ayatana<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/wingpanel/+spec/branch-ayatana>

*Hide on maximize* is easy. we just have to add a d-bus signal to gala
which will be triggered when a window is maximized, wingpanel will connect
to this signal when launched and whenever  an event is triggered wingpanel
will hide.
for hiding i was thinking of using clutter animations or something similar.

*Branch Ayatana*: this was discussed earlier but no decision was made, we
could use libpeas to make indicators as plugins. This is easy and good
reliable indicator/plugins can be made but this creates problems for
applications that want to show indicators, as for wingpanel to show an
indicator a plug would have to be made and it would need to enabled from
dconf.

There are many ways to solve this problem.
1. use two libraries. one for system indicators and one for app indicators
2. use something similar to switchboard's plugins system.
3. don't allow application indicators. (which i think gnome follows)

please tell me your opinion and suggestions guys.

voldyman

Follow ups