Re: Saving and restoring app sessions

FYI there's an already-in-place mechanism in Glib.Application and therefore
Granite.Application to fully save a state of an application and restore it
later. This can be triggered by e.g. D-bus signal via the Glib.Application
D-bus interfaces provided by any of our apps.

This is a very tempting shortcut at first glance. However, it might save
the state a bit too fully - it serializes everything up to the the widget
states and restores *everything* later, by which time the environment may
have drastically changed and the saved state is no longer relevant.

It might prove useful, but has to be thoroughly investigated and used with
care.

I'll copy-paste this message to the bug report for completeness.