dev packages

I'm on a relatively clean install of Luna. I was going to start writing a
Switchboard plug, but first I need to install the dependencies.

sudo apt-get install libgranite-dev libpantheon-dev

 libgranite-dev : Depends: libgtk-3-dev (>= 3.3.14) but it is not going to
be installed

sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-dev

 libgtk-3-dev : Depends: libpango1.0-dev (>= 1.30.0) but it is not going to
be installed
                Depends: libcairo2-dev (>= 1.10.0) but it is not going to
be installed

I tried continuing down the rabbit hole, but didn't really find anything.
What's going on here? Do I need to move to Isis to install the dev
packages?