Re: Best developer enviroment for Isis

It's not the display server. It's gnome-session that fails to start gala
properly (or gala that fails when started by gnome-session).

See: https://bugs.launchpad.net/elementaryos/+bug/1252888

Workaround: perform this change manually on your system:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~tombeckmann/elementaryos/pantheon-xsession-settings-fix-startup/revision/60

Pim