Re: Gtk 3.12 is too cool

My favorite new widget is GtkFlowBox. It can be used for the wallpaper
plug or for displaying albums in Noise for example. It supports
multiple selection and rubber band, so, is a good replacement for
GtkIconView. The only problem with FlowBox is that it doesn't uses a
model, and that causes some performance problems if you have a lot of
widgets inside it, because all the widgets need to be instantiated at
the same time. FlowBox is available in gtk 3.11.x, but you need valac
0.23 git, so take a look.

I think that you are right with the popovers thing, but not sure.