(the indicators situation) XFCE next release approaching, they hope to port to gtk3 afterwards

One interesting thing I read in this XFCE announcement [0] was that xfce's panel has added support for gtk3 plugins. Although I have not looked much into it, afaics the architecture of xfce's panel is similar to the indicators-as-libsoup-plugins idea that I heard floating around a few months ago on this ML. In any case, I thought it was worth bringing up, since maintaining indicators alone would not be a good idea, and the current indicators, from what I hear, are not sustainable.

[0] http://blog.alteroot.org/articles/2014-07-26/news-from-xfce.html

Good evening,
--
Cameron Norman