Looking for the possibility of getting a Shotwell's mentor for this GSoC with GNOME

Hi all!

My name is Valentín Barros, former Google Summer of Code student from 2011
to 2014. I'm writing to this list because I'm looking for someone that
could help me with some guidance about this idea: [1].

As you can see, I've already sent an application to this GSoC —and I think
I should point that I have another two applications, both identical, about
F-Spot [2] [3]. You can see an explanation of the situation on [1], under
the *Motivation* epigraph.

The thing is that I've ended with no mentor for this idea, and the one
about F-Spot may be not enough interesting for Mono nor GNOME —because
F-Spot is almost dying...

So, I've thought that I may contact you to try to find some mentor, but
when I saw that Elementary isn't at GSoC this year I've changed my mind
—but I've changed it again, since I know there is some interest about
Shotwell/Pantheon Faces Tool [4] [5], and I've been ruminating about this
until I got it... there could be no need of Elementary being at GSoC for
this, indeed I was at GSoC 2011 and 2012 working for Shotwell but not
really with GNOME. I was with Yorba, with GNOME acting as an *umbrella
organization* [7].

Maybe someone interested in being my mentor? Since I'm the author of the
tool I think I wouldn't need lot of help... maybe about something GTK+ or
desktop-related if I get stuck. If there is some interest about this we
could talk with GNOME to see if there is still the opportunity to accept a
mentor for Shotwell —that wouldn't ensure that I would work in the project,
only that there would be the possibility, you cannot tell a
trying-to-be-GSoC-student that you are going to choose him before the
official date, of course.

So, what do you think about this?

By the way: Jim Nelson [8], from Yorba, told me that if anybody is
interested about getting some reference from him about me or about the
Faces Tool, he will be happy to speak with interested mentors.

[1]
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/public/google/gsoc2015/sativa/5675915245780992
[2]
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/public/google/gsoc2015/sativa/5639700081541120
[3]
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/public/google/gsoc2015/sativa/5716253578625024
[4] https://www.bountysource.com/issues/3626147-faces-face-detection  [6]
[5] https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1424389-faces-support-200  [6]
[6] That bounties could be freed, maybe reinvested on another features, the
GSoC stipend would be far more than enough.
[7]
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2015/help_page#umbrella_organization
[8] https://blogs.gnome.org/jnelson/ —the is a "Contact Me" section on the
left sidebar.