Re: Dvelopment of existing elementary projects

Hi,

you usually do this to get the trunk code into the current directory:

$ bzr branch lp:gala

Make your changes and test them, then a simple

$ bzr commit -m "I fixed a bug or something like this"

to commit everything locally

$ bzr push lp:~teemperor/gala/bug-fix-that-was-really-important

and this to push it to a branch inside the gala project.

Note that the branch gets created automatically. Also, the ~teemperor
part of the URL refers to your username. So if your lp username is
"django", you would push to

$ bzr push lp:~teemperor/gala/bug-fix-that-was-really-important

The "gala" in the url is the project name (lp:gala -> /gala/). The
last bit (bug-fix-that-was-really-important) is just a unique name
that you give to your new branch.

Now you can find that branch on the code subsection of the launchpad
side (for example here https://code.launchpad.net/gala ).
Then click on your branch and click "Propose to merge".

This is a helpful tutorial for handling bzr:

http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/beta/en/mini-tutorial/index.html

We have another guide that describes this workflow in more detail, but
I can't find it at the moment. Maybe someone else knows where it is
hidden nowadays?

- Raphael Isemann