Design specifications/design documents

Hi!

How are design specifications of a whole project managed? I don't mean for a single feature request but more like a design document in which the purpose and scope of an app or software component are described. Including requirements for the implementation of the functionality and probably the reasoning behind it. I would like to do such design document for the Contractor component because I haven't found one. If someone has information which should make it into this design document don't hesitate to let me know.

--

Kind regards
Florian

Follow ups