elementaryart team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~elementary-pantheon/granite/aboutdialog_enhancements into lp:granite

well in fact vala support the ..., i tried to write it first in vala but it was really a pain as there is no vala equivalent i know for g_object_set_valist , and u have to support all the type from a GValue.
I finally gave up and took the C road ;)
For parsing strings, and specially characters, vala is really a pain compared to pointers in C.

I think mixing C and vala is not really a problem if the sources are correctly organised. Rewriting everything in vala can be an unnecessary waste of time and energy. Every object u manipulate in vala are written in C, C is part of the deal when u develop in vala. In the end u generate C u debug with C.
I wasn't sure of the reactions of C sources code inside granite that's why i asked this merge request.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~elementary-pantheon/granite/aboutdialog_enhancements/+merge/79115
Your team elementaryart (old) is subscribed to branch lp:granite.