enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #162045]: Natty SMB4 DOES NOT WORK.

Question #162045 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/162045

clombard is still having a problem:
When  I open Samba I get an error message (unfortunatley
I can not copy it to comments)
HOWEVER I did type out the error message word for word
and NO ONE made any comment regarding it...
Perhaps that could be the problem?????????????????
thanks

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 01:01 +0000, Jeruvy wrote:
> Your question #162045 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/162045

> Jeruvy proposed the following answer:
> Seeing shares (browsing) and accessing shares are mutually exclusive.
> You don't need one for the other.  By default Ubuntu will detect and
> mount your shares, but you have to look after permissions.
>
> Unfortunately I don't see anything here describing what actions you
> took.  Hence it's hard to know where to begin troubleshooting.  You may
> need to add rules to your firewall, you may need to allow permissions,
> you may need to tell windows about your linux systems and that they are
> allowed to see and/or access your shares.
>
> I'd suggest following the documentation:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EasyFileSharing
>
> There is even a decent video (a bit outdated)
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89hjWOb8qmY
>
> Then advise us where it is failing for you.  This can provide us a
> clearer understanding of what your problem could be.
>
> That error is not applicable to your problem.
>
> Good luck.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.