enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #162045]: Natty SMB4 DOES NOT WORK.

Question #162045 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/162045

clombard is still having a problem:
I removed all Samba installations.
I installed Ubuntu from wubi (double boot machine).
There is a default Samba...I dont see it.
Do you mean install Samba from the Software Center...?
Did that several times AND Samba does NOT work.
Unable to retrieve file shares!
thanks

On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 23:01 +0000, Jeruvy wrote:
> Your question #162045 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/162045

> Jeruvy proposed the following answer:
> I would advise removing any custom installs of Samba, and using the
> default configuration from Ubuntu Installation.  Unless you're running
> or need to run Samba SERVER, the default should work.
>
> But, if you prefer to do it this way...
>
> I would refer to this wiki for troubleshooting and setting up:
>
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO
>
> If you can advise which steps you have followed and where the problem
> occurs it will allow us to help you more effectively.
>
> Good luck.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.