enterprise-support team mailing list archive

[Question #165195]: Unviewable Shares from Windows 7

New question #165195 on samba in Ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/165195

I have initially created folders in CLI and later used SWAT to share those folders. They were initially viewable from my Windows 7 Network map.

Perhaps by some oversight on my part Windows 7 denied me transferring files into those folders, that let me to tinker around Samba using Webmin's "Samba Users" menu. After converting and configuring automatic configuration of Unix/Samba users, suddenly a Windows popup appeared prompting me to enter Login and Password whereby Domain name is the name of my PC.

Nomatter what Logins I used (Windows start up login, or Unix Account login) seems to work. And now the entire Ubuntu Server is nowhere to be seen on the Network Map.

SWAT, Webmin and SSH is still accessible from my Windows browser though.

I am using Windows 7 Home premium with Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS. Where could i have gone wrong?

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.