enterprise-support team mailing list archive

[Question #166822]: Samba permissions from Windows clients

New question #166822 on samba in Ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/166822

How do i correctly set a Share service such that a non-admin can read and write over current files?

Right now I have to place a user name on all 4 (Valid users, Admin Users, Read & Write lists) so that they can read and write over current files. But I am uncomfortable that they are Admin for that share.

If i removed them from the Admin Users but retain them on Write list, they are only able to open files as "read only"

FYI, the users are opening the files from a Windows 7 workstation and my Samba is installed on Ubuntu 10.04.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.