enterprise-support team mailing list archive

[Question #173555]: Apache2 configuration for localhost only

New question #173555 on apache2 in Ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+question/173555

I use to be able to run Apache2 on localhost but upgrades have messed something up so now I get:

 * Restarting web server apache2
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs
                                                                         [fail]

Please can someone provide a set of configuration files (based on the default install scripts) that will allow me to start apache2 on 'localhost' on a computer that may or may not have network access depending on where it is (i.e. its fully qualified domain name may or may not exist or be accessible via DNS and its external network interfaces may or may may not be operational).

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for
apache2 in Ubuntu.