enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #173520]: mounting samba shares with gvfs do not appear in ~/.gvfs

Question #173520 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/173520

Frank B. Jakobsen posted a new comment:
Well, nobody ever got back to me with a proposal, even if added more
information, it's a bit strange that a question can just expire. The
procedure could involve asking me, if it had actually been solved, that
would help a lot of other people.

Nevertheless -  I think what solved it for me, was making sure that the
user is a member of the "fuse" group. I found that in another forum on
another site. It is not obviousl from the documentation. But I tried so
many things, that I'm not sure this was the crucial point.

And it did not solve my basic requirement - to make it easy for users to
connect to their server shares using the Windows Domain credentials.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.