enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #180836]: I want to sync my (Ubuntu) laptop/files w a WinXP Network Share

Question #180836 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/180836

Rashid Ali gave more information on the question:
Thank all of you for your replies.
After I resolve this issue I would like to read up on the structure/files/folders/dirs and how they relate so I can better understand how this op sys works.

The share I am interested in shows up in Nautilus only AFTER I click (to
explore it), previously I thought it mounted each time but that is not
the case.  After clicking on it the drive will appear below NETWORK and
it has an eject image to the right.

So I am thinking that the first thing I need to accomplish is to MOUNT it permanently and move from there.  I have tried this guide -
and this one
But after running sudo mount -a (w no errors) it still does not show up on my desktop or in nautilus (until I click/explore it)

After resolving the (permanent) mount issue I would then like to sync
the machines to the share. Sorry if this seems redundant but I trying to
learn and do at the same time.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.