enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #183578]: samba server not working .!!

Question #183578 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/183578

delance proposed the following answer:
I don't think you need to edit smb.conf.
In Nautilus, you can mark a local folder as shared.
In Nautilus, you can also in menu open Network and get a list of visible computer.
Could you describe more your issue.
For security, I think it's enough to parameter your router firewall to block CIFS protocol, which is probably already the default setting.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.