enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #183862]: Instructions for setting up OpenLDAP are not working

Question #183862 on openldap in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openldap/+question/183862

Mike Edwards gave more information on the question:
I again purged slapd and started over:

$ sudo apt-get purge slapd
$ sudo apt-get install slapd
$ sudo ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.ldif
$ sudo ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f /etc/ldap/schema/nis.ldif
$ sudo ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f /etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.ldif

Everything is fine to there.  I then edited my backend file as you
suggest: olcModuleload: back_hdb.la.

Now it seems to get past adding "cn=module,cn=config" but now it is
tripped up with the same "duplicate entry" error as before when it
apparently hits the next line:

SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
SASL SSF: 0
adding new entry "cn=module,cn=config"
adding new entry "olcDatabase=hdb,cn=config"
ldap_add: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80)
        additional info: <olcAccess> handler exited with 1

I am going to keep reading...

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for
openldap in Ubuntu.