enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #194091]: Problem connecting to Window shared printer under Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pamgolin

Question #194091 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/194091

jrminter confirmed that the question is solved:
I figured it out. I was running in "Gnome Classic" mode (minimal) and I
don't get the "URI:" prompt for a printer; evidently FirewallD is not
running. When I run in "Ubuntu" (Unity) or as Xubuntu, I get the URI
dialog and it works. I have been using the lighter weight desktops
because compviz/Unity has an issue on one of my systems...

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.