enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #195084]: Unable to access files between Ubuntu and Win 7 on same PC

Question #195084 on Ubuntu changed:

Description changed to:
Hi,
I am having a lot of problem with Ubuntu file sharing.
My version is 10.04 Lucid Lynx LTS.

I installed Ubuntu with Wubi on my laptop which already had a Win 7 Home
Premium OS in partition.

Now I want to share my folders inbetween the 2 OS.

My Win 7 partition connects wirelessly to Internet but on my Ubuntu I
have to connect with Broadband LAN cable.

I have tried sharing with samba but on my Network tab in Ubuntu I have
Ubuntu and Windows network.

Windows Network has Workgroup I shared across both partitions but in
that there are Ubuntu shares instead of Windows shares.

Also I cannot access Ubuntu shares from Windows too.

Can you please provide an easy way to do the needfull?

I have tried Filezilla on Windows and openssh-server in Ubuntu but when
I give my IP address of Ubuntu machine in filezilla Client in windows,
it throws an error "Server timed out". Also I have username hp for both
Win 7 and Ubuntu accounts although passwords are different.

I have posted this question to Ubuntu forums too but have not got an
appropriate response.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.