enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #195084]: Unable to access files between Ubuntu and Win 7 on same PC

Question #195084 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/195084

Mark Rijckenberg proposed the following answer:
The easiest way - in my opinion - to share files between Windows and
Ubuntu on the same PC, is the following method:

Install Ubuntu and Windows in separate partitions (dual boot install).

Create a separate NTFS formatted partition that will contain files
shared by Windows and Ubuntu.

Both Ubuntu and Windows will be able to read and write to that separate
NTFS partition.

This is how I share files, so I know it works.

So no need for Samba or Filezilla.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.